Popular Posts

Sunday 27 March 2011

Tank dilemma

The tank of the BMW is beyond repair. It's done. With that in mind I just couldn't resist a tank I spotted at the swap meet yesterday. Even though I thought it would be to small and even though it is again a 'plastic' tank.
The first test fit showed it is indeed a bit small:

I gave the tank a quick respray, because the color made it look worse than it is.I also moved the seat up and forward just a bit. Looks better now:


It still is a bit (too) small. I am not convinced yet. Looking at it from the side is the worst angle, from other angles it looks better

And then I got an idea....

I will see if I can find some old header pipes for not too much and build an exhaust like that (with the thermos muffler). Than I'll decide what to do with the tank.


No comments:

Post a Comment