Popular Posts

Saturday 16 January 2010

Forward controls


Over the years I've been getting a lot of questions about the forward controlles of our CX500 chopper. The gear lever is located in an unusual spot on a CX500 and is facing backwards. So the normal set up for forward controlles on other bikes won't work on a CX. I decided to make a quick drawing with google sketchup (free 3D drawing programme). If you're interested in the file so you can see see it in 3D, just mail me and I'll send it to you. I'm not very good with computers, so the drawing is very schematic, but I think it's pretty clear.



In green: The welded on pieces of threaded iron to bolt the forward controls onto the engine.

In red: The hinches.

In blue: The Schifter axle of the engine.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment