Popular Posts

Tuesday, 26 July 2011


We've been having ENDLESS problems with the Virago the last few months. Starter issues (of course), leaky inlet rubber, leaking hoses, leaking gas lines, malfunctioning sparkplugs, etc.. etc...

The last weeks/months we have been looking for a new inletrubber. One of the original ones, which we use on our home made inlet manifold, had torn. A new one was ridiculously expensive, used ones too. We just refuse to pay that kind of money for 20 year old rubbers. No way.

So last weak we decided to make it ourself. That worked. Sorted out the fuel lines last night in a somewhat more professional way (we had been improvising, but that was getting annoying) and fired it up.

We took it for a long ride. The first completely trouble free ride. It ran and handled great! The steering is really nice, it is way more comfortable than it looks and the engine ran great. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment